Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hackwee Day IV - The final showdown

Yesterday was a bit of an anti-climax codewise. Pretty much everything I had planned on doing I had completed by midday. I then had a nice long chat with lamalex about what I had to do to get ipod support into his udev branch and hashed out a rough idea about how to upstream these changes. I believe he's going to do a bit of work over the next week or so and once that's complete I'll be able to upstream the remainder of my patches.

So at the end of the 4 days the state of things is:

Device support:
1) Hotplugging works
2) Syncing music to and from the device works
3) Removing music from the device works
4) Basic properties can be read about the device and displayed in banshee
5) Playlists aren't supported yet but should be fairly simple to do

Code written:
1) I've upstreamed my patches for libgpod-sharp
2) I spoke with lamalex about upstreaming the rest of my work there.
3) There are now packages available for openSUSE 11.2 courtesy of FunkyM which can be used to provide most of the required packages.
4) There are still some bleeding edge libraries required which aren't packaged anywhere. These will have to be packaged.
5) I think the best way to support the libgpod based iDevice would be to create a new addin so that you can run both the old addin and the new addin in parallel as some of the required libraries for libgpod based iDevice support are very new and not widely available as of yet. This will take a little bit of time.

I'm off on holidays next week so when I get back I'll start pushing my remaining work upstream. Once that's done it's just the boring process of streamlining the build to remove the dozen manual steps which are currently required :) All in all, it's been a successful hackweek. But as with all good hacks, the 5:1 rule applies. For every day spent adding functionality, I'll need 5 to make it stable and usable for everyone.

I have to thank teuf again for all the help over the last few days (and for libgpod itself!), Nathaniel McCallum for the awesome start to the .NET bindings for libgpod, Alex Launi for the banshee gio/udev work which saved me a lot of time and also for sparing the time yesterday to talk about how I can get my work upstreamed.

If I've forgotten anyone or anything, sorry! But it's been a hectic week and it was hard enough keeping track of all the packages and patches I had floating around, never mind everyone I was talking to :)

I'll post again when I get everything upstreamed and I'll have a nice set of instructions for anyone wishing to test out their iDevice with banshee.

9 comments:

daniels said...

Nice work! Do you have a list somewhere of branches that need to be pulled to build this all from source, for those of us not on SUSE?

GingerPrince said...

very good work. have you had chance to pull it all together? I'd like to get this working with my iPhone and Banshee

Unknown said...

Thanks alot for all your work! Banshee is my preferred player in Linux, and I have an iphone. Can't wait till this is pulled into a stable release or a semi-stable PPA (I'm on Ubuntu).

Anonymous said...

Any news about when this will be available in the unstable release?

aliyaa said...

The personal statement writers are perfect in this combination so we should must motivate our self to go ahead.

huong duong said...

When it comes to thank the other person that you know why that is, they have to wait like and respect their time spent for you. Verbal apology not fully reflect that, further to say sorry too much will cause discomfort to the other
baixar musicas gratis , baixar snapchat , geometry dash 2.0 , play run 2 , b612

梁爵 said...

2019.10.24酒店上班類型多,酒店工作求職者尋職時不一定都能了解職務接S(陪睡性交易)內容,台北知名酒店經紀公司為大學生、上班族酒店兼差就業特別製作應徵就業影片,邀請全國各地八大行業職場酒店小姐闡述工作甘苦並給予尋職建議,盼助酒店打工求職者找到適合工作。台灣有許多職業,許多求職者往往不瞭解酒店工作內容前往求職,才發現與想像中不同。知名酒店經紀梁曉尊/梁小尊指出:求職者常嚮往看似光鮮亮麗的酒店工作,但其實這些工作背後,卻往往有著難以想像的辛苦。為了避免在學大學生以及上班族兩大族群渴望酒店兼職求職者對職務期待有所落差,八大行業酒店經紀公司特別規劃製作「框出陪睡(性交易)」職業介紹影片,透過拍攝各行各業職場酒店小姐一日的工作內容,讓對這些職業有興趣與志向的求職者及大學生新鮮人更了解八大行業酒店上班產業趨勢與職務工作內容,做好求職前的準備工作。

梁爵 said...

2020.06.05酒店小姐的基本介紹跟工作內容前「5566」成員小刀(彭康育)近年來轉居幕後,擔任娛樂公司執行長,而他同時也是「台玻集團」的駙馬爺,怎料今(3)爆出他和一名正妹過從甚密,經過調查後,驚人發現這名正妹姓甘,是「我在酒店上班的日子酒店名花」花名Amber,不僅和小刀有曖昧,同時和某科技小開上演愛的親親,甚至時間點就在見完小刀之後的隔天。據《不敢來酒店上班-酒店打工的原因》報導,小刀5月1日開始進出Amber的家中,5月19日就被直擊開著白色座車,停進正妹位在內湖區的豪宅停車場,約莫一個小時之後,才取車離開,結果酒店上班-酒店兼職-兼差如何達成人生的第一桶金就在隔一天也就是5月20日,換成另一名小開送Amber回家,晚上11點Amber要下車時還捧著一大束的玫瑰花,接著小開拉下Amber的口罩,霸氣親了上去,但Amber不想直接被親嘴,最後小開只親到臉頰。報導指出酒店兼差不是一個複雜的工作環境?,這名小開是身價3、40億的科技少東,而Amber的同事則爆料,職場須知 【酒店PT 】Amber手腕相當高明,通常對象不會只有一個,還清一色都是多金男,不過Amber已經有半年時間沒到酒店上班,或許就是因為很多愛慕者都主動送金,才能住在豪宅裡,過著貴婦般的生活;報導提到,Amber所待的酒店,消費方式是以10分鐘為1節計算,1節155元上下,小框15節、大框50節,粗估一晚都要消費萬元以上。

Anonymous said...

Our writers are professionally experienced as they have year’s long experience in writing CDRs, which makes it quite easy for them to understand the requirements for composing a captivating cdr

Hit Counter